This hike was amazing with Cook Woods (a beautiful evergreen forest), bamboo forest, koa trees, views (Honolulu, Pearl Harbor, valley leading to the blue ocean to the north and the Navy Cruiser that got stuck on the reef yesterday) and WATER FALLS! The water falls were amazing! The best I have seen on the island so far. Towards the end was a refreshing pool with water falls at both ends. It was so much fun to watch the kids enjoy the water.
We did however have "Oh My's" on this hike such as bumps, bruses, cuts, misquito bites and some loose dogs! Even with our Oh My's on this hike we saw God's protection! We did have a drizzle on our way up the mountain which was cool and refreshing. But later we found out it turned into a thunder storm with a torrential downfall as it moved west of us.
(The Hauptmann's blog has an up close picture of the cruiser and she will have some hiking pictures soon.)
Spectacular!
ReplyDeleteHiking in Hawaii sure looks beautiful......I'm not a hiker, but I think I would love to try it if I could do it there...keep the pictures coming :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete