Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring in Missouri

Back in Missouri we have made it safety through countless storms and tornado watches.  We have spent time huddled in a public bathroom and sleeping in the basement waiting out threats.  Through it all, God has had his hand of protection on us and we are so thankful!

Despite the weather we have found time to have fun!

Green Thumb
 Hope and her friend planting their mini garden!
 During one storm her plants were pelted with hail and survived!

Birthday Party
 Hope enjoyed a party for her long time friend at a ceramic shop!  What a great idea!  All the girls, including the mom's, enjoyed expressing themselves through art.


 Hope's bear turned out so cute with peace signs on the front and back.  She is really into peace signs now a days and loves anything with the historic symbol.  
Hope is growing up so fast!  I can't believe I am old enough to be the mom of a pre-teen. (I know I keep saying that, but I am in denial) She is wearing my clothes, riding in the front seat with me, taking charge of the radio station (radio Disney is a must), knows all the songs and who sings them.  She is a huge Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez fan.  Thankfully she doesn't have Beiber Fever and she is pretty upset that Selena Gomez is dating Justin Beiber!  Where has time gone?  My little girl is growing up to fast!  She is so beautiful on the inside and out! (Yes, I am a little bias!)

Water Park
 With all the storms we actually had quite cold weather this spring, so I took the girls to the indoor water park.  They had a blast and I enjoyed watching them smile!





Outing to the Barn
Taking advantage of the sun!
 Visit to see Patches in-between the crazy weather.  She was glad, as always, to see Hope.  

 The filly always wants attention

Jayne Wayne Day
Charlie's work put on a Jayne Wayne Day for all the family members to get a taste of what our soldiers do.  We were able to run the obstacle course, repel from the small wall (We all wanted to do the 40 foot wall, but it was closed due to the wind), shoot simulated weapons and eat at the chow hall!  What an amazing day!  Hope impressed me with doing all the obstacles and repelling!  I am so proud of my Big Girl!






1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! Hope looks like a young adult! She's taller than her horse now. I love this up date on her. Jayne Wayne Day looks amazing-Hope looks like a natural! Michele-you look right at home too-so adventurous. I can't imagine living with that kind of weather. So happy God has kept you safe. Lisa

    ReplyDelete