Thursday, December 10, 2009

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!....

In search of the perfect tree


Mission accomplished. We all agreed on this amazingly plump 6 1/2 foot fir.
Everyone pitched in to help cut it down.
My muscle man
Grandma and Hope
Here I am trying to show off my Gator spirit for the big game against Florida State later that day. This is a huge state rivalry, which is ingrained in our family. As most of you know Charlie has been a Seminole fan and I a Gator since our dating days. Let's just say GO GATORS!!!! They won that day!!! Unfortunately we just had a big loss to Alabama for the division championship. :-(
Charlie made sure our tree wasn't going anywhere but home. We had an experience in Germany where our tree fell off our tiny little European car several times on the way home. My best friend from high school was with us and caught it on video. We all had a good laugh, but we are glad it hasn't happened since!
Decoration time!

Daddy always helps Hope put the angel on for the finishing touches.
....How richly God has decked thee!


3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard that Germany story...funny!
    Beautiful tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Charlie and his tree umbrella beats pulling it out of a box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tree! And what fun it looked to go find it and bring it home...so glad it didn't fall off :)

    ReplyDelete