Friday, March 20, 2009


The army offers marriage retreats to help strengthen relationships.  It is a great program to help compensate for the amount of time you are away.  Charlie and I were able to go on one this month and it was so wonderful!  A paid vacation with informative classes and child care.  Everyday Hope had a field trop to different parts of the island.  She had so much fun that she was sad to see it end.  Charlie and I enjoyed learning more about each other with the Myers-Briggs personality test.  Between that and the 5 love languages we had some great conversations.  We came to the realization that it is good to have similar love languages (but not necessary) and opposite personalities so you can balance each other out.  I remember when we were dating someone had told me that opposites attract.  I didn't believe them because I thought Charlie and I were so much alike.  Well, after almost 12 years of marriage and a Myer-Briggs test I found out that we are complete opposites.  Together we bring out the best in each other, by balancing our strengths and weaknesses.  My husband is an amazing man and I am so thankful for God bringing us together!   

11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; 
      But how can one be warm alone?
       12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.   
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:11-13


      These pictures were taken from our hotel room.  
I woke up early for the sunrise, JK I really went to search for whales!
Picture I took of our view before the whales showed up.
Whales!!!
Atlantis subs
Putting on a show for us on the last morning!
I think he won the cannon ball splash competition!

1 comment: