Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ladies Tea

Our Church held a Ladies Tea for Mother's Day themed a "Tea for All Seasons".   Lisa hosted a table and invited me, Amber and her Mom even flew in from Maryland.  There were about 30 tables all decked out representing a different part of the year.  There were of course all the seasons, plus a  New Years table, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and one table with a fish bowl on it (yes with a live fish swimming around).  It was amazing to see the different ideas and creativity.  But our favorite was Lisa's!  She did an awesome job with her May theme and her husband made her a beautiful May Pole.  After eating were even able to twist the ribbon's on the pole!  So much fun!




With the theme being a time for all seasons, the pastor's wife talked about there being a time for everything.  She broke down each season into how they made her feel.  Then she when around the room asking others about their favorite season.  I think mine has to be spring.  I love being outdoors seeing new life and feeling the warmth come back.  The spring air makes me feel refreshed after spending most of the winter inside and bundled up.  I love wearing light slip on dresses and sandals!  I would love to hear from each of you about your favorite season!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

 1 To everything there is a season,

      A time for every purpose under heaven: 
       2 A time to be born, 
And a time to die; 
      A time to plant, 
And a time to pluck what is planted; 
       3 A time to kill, 
And a time to heal; 
      A time to break down, 
And a time to build up; 
       4 A time to weep, 
And a time to laugh; 
      A time to mourn, 
And a time to dance; 
       5 A time to cast away stones, 
And a time to gather stones; 
      A time to embrace, 
And a time to refrain from embracing; 
       6 A time to gain, 
And a time to lose; 
      A time to keep, 
And a time to throw away; 
       7 A time to tear, 
And a time to sew; 
      A time to keep silence, 
And a time to speak; 
       8 A time to love, 
And a time to hate; 
      A time of war, 
And a time of peace.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post!

    My favorite season has always been fall. Growing up in TN, all the leaves turn the most amazing colors of orange and red, the heat and humidity goes away and school starts again, time for fresh starts, new goals, etc. And football season!!

    Now personally, I am just happy to have weather decent enough to spend the day outside.

    Funny how our priorities change with time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You did a great job. I love the pictures and how you put the verse up. My favorite season is fall in MD. The crisp clear air and warm cozy clothes...I miss it!

    ReplyDelete