Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to School!





Hope asked all day yesterday if we thought that school would be cancelled today. She wants a snow day sooooooooo bad. So first thing she asked as I was trying to pry her out of bed was if I had called the school to see if it was closed. Then she asked if I felt safe driving her, which if I didn't it would be an excused absence. I told her that she needed to go to school. So she reluctantly got ready, during which time I get a text from my neighbor that she couldn't get out of her driveway. Hope then had a glimmer of hope that we might not be able to either. I was determined that we could do it. Charlie had made it off to work and there was no way that I would give him the satisfaction that he was a better driver than me. Off we go to the car to head out with out her lunch and school backpack we later realized. Up the drive we go, I have a smile on my face because we are almost to the top. Then spinning tires and back down we come. Nooooooooooo. I try again and again to no avail. Sigh! I can't believe it. In stead of the tread mill and an aerobics class at the gym I am shoveling snow in 2 degree weather!!!! (Lisa can I come live with you in Hawaii for the winter!!!!) My neighbor and her dad were out shoveling their drive as well and she came over to help! (Thanks Tiffany!) Needless to say Hope was happy she had a chance to stay in bed a little longer. We did get it cleared enough to get Hope to school late and me to work. Tonight, as I am uploading the pictures to the blog, Charlie sees how far I made it he remarks that he could have made it! You win some you loose some!

3 comments:

  1. This Florida girl learned something new today. Someone mentioned that when the snow is that dry and light you can just use a leaf blower to blow it off the drive way!!! I am going to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. Darn that Charlie!

    Yes, come on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie's a Florida boy....I would like to see him get totally out of the driveway!!!
    I have my doubts :)

    ReplyDelete