Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunshine State at last

We made it to Florida in time to spend one day with my sisters! To enjoy the day we headed out to the intercostal waterways for some sun, sand and kayaking.
This was Christa's, my youngest sister, first time kayaking in her life. She is sharing the kayak with Robert her fiancée. Yea!!! Now I have one sister married and two engaged!
How many people can fit on a single kayak?
I guess we should stick with one!
Goofing off!
While we were playing volleyball, Robert spots some dolphins. Charlie, Hope and Christa jumped in the kayak and made it out to follow a mom and baby up the current. What an awesome experience!
More goofing off!
Blessing cooling off in the shade. We were surprised that she didn't actually like the water.
Charlie and I getting in one last cruise.
Group shot!

The best part of the day was answered prayers. It was the week of Jessica's anniversary and her husband Peter lost his wedding ring in the water. We all searched desperately for it, Jessica for over 2 hours. As we were finished packing up, the tide was low and as we took our final steps to leave, we heard "I found it!". Mom did a great job telling the story here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Looks like you all had an amazing day. How incredible to see dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a nice, beautiful, peaceful, fun, relaxing way to spend a day! I am so envious of your sweet, laid back family. That picture of the kayak following the dolphin was INCREDIBLE! Loved it! Also loved the post your Mom did on finding the ring. I still can't get over that. Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete