Sunday, December 12, 2010

The "best" Birthday Ever...

 Our Beautiful Girl is turning 11 this year.  She was excited to have her first ever girls only sleep over party.  I was busy at a gift wrapping fund raiser the day of the party and I came home to her party already decorated.  (Thanks Charlie! You are amazing!)
 Happy Birthday to you my Hopers!
 Big hugs after opening amazing gifts from her friends!  Her friends know her well!  (Thank you girls for your thoughtfulness!)

 The girls played the Penny Game, that with inflation has now become the Dime Game.  The girls learned a lot about each other through this game.  One of the interesting facts we figured out is that not only were all four girls in Germany, but they were all born there at the same duty station! 
 One of the presents was Jenga.  The girls had a blast playing with it as well as using it for building blocks.
 It got really intense. 
 Oh No!
 The rest of the night the girls painted nails, played with a hula hoop, watched a movie and giggled!  I actually fell asleep watching Toy Story 3 with them.  They said it was good.  I still want to watch it!

What a great night, but the icing on the cake was that we woke up to a snow covered ground.  God wanted to make sure that Hope's wish came true.  Her only wish was that everyone had a great time and that it was the Best Birthday Ever.
 Glory loved the snow!
 It was such a light powdery snow, but that didn't stop the girls and even some adults in the neighborhood from enjoying sledding!

 Storm in much need of a hair cut, but my mom loves her that way!
 A jump on a snow covered trampoline!
Hope we love you and are so proud of the amazing kind heart you have!  We are thankful for the "tween" you are turning into!  Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. What a happy, happy party! It looked perfect!
    Happy b-month, Hope!!!

    (and re: Storm's pic... when I saw it, I thought "oh, what a beautiful picture of Storm!"
    then I read your comment ... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome, how great the snow came too! I am so impressed Charlie-you did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday party!!! I actually am still in shock that you made it this long without a sleepover :-). Fun times!

    ReplyDelete