Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Home for Patches

Yesterday we moved Patches from her home of 12 years to a new farm.  A farm with Missouri rolling hills, lush green grass, a pond, miles of trails and a beautiful old barn.  (I have a thing for old barns, especially when they are painted red!)  I was worried and a little sad to move her from the home she has known all her life, but with prayers the transition went as smooth as could be.  
Today, Hope and I went to check on how Patches was settling in.  As we drove up the country road we saw our beautiful buckskin Paint grazing peacefully in her new pasture with her new companion and the red barn nestled in the background.  What a sight!

As we pulled into the large fenced in farm we were greeted by the other four legged residents.
 Aria was so excited to have company she stuck her head in our van and curiously licked anything she could.

Patches is as fuzzy as a bear with her soft winter coat.
Her chubby companion Doc. 
Half the time I was taking pictures Doc was checking my jacket for carrots and the other half I was bumping into him as I backed up not realizing that he was there.
Beautiful Aria is a Morgan filly





 Cricket is the proud paint in the foreground and the grey in the back is Shortie, a twenty year old pony.  He is enjoying his retirement!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home for Pataches!
    I think she'll love it there with her new friends!
    I love the pic of her with the red barn in the background :)

    ReplyDelete