Thanksgiving morning tradition!
For as long as I can remember our family has held a Thanksgiving morning pick-up two hand touch football game. The last time I was in FL for thanksgiving my mom and I were the only ones who showed up in the rain, but the rain didn't keep people away this thanksgiving. Dispite the 30 degree rainy day we had a 5 on 5 flag football game!
I love traditions!
For thanksgiving the higher ranked soldiers usually serve the lower enlisted at the chow hall. This year we were able to join Charlie and see the smiles on the soldiers faces. They had an amazing meal! We were tempted to stay and eat, but we had two meals to attend and we needed to save room.
As we walked out of the chow hall we were welcomed by beautiful fluffy white snowflakes! Could this day get any better?
I had to take about 5 picture to get this one and it is still fake! HOPE, if you just smile for the first one it is over and done with!!!! What happened to my little ham?
We met our neighbors and friends at Cracker Barrel. I can't even put into words how grateful we are for the amazing neighbors we have!
Then joined our long time friends for their family celebration! Amazing food, great company and competitive games! Thanks June and Scott for having us! We love you guys!
"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
We continue to be grateful for all of you in our lives.
I miss:
ReplyDelete-football
-men in uniform
-snow
-you guys
-your neighbors
(not necessarily in that order!)
We miss you too mom!
ReplyDeleteHow how cool-what a great Thankgiving-you all make everyday a blessing!
ReplyDelete