Saturday, December 25, 2010

Officially 11

Two days ago, on the 23rd, Hope officially turned 11.  (I am still asking myself, "are we old enough to be parents of an 11 year old"?)  I am so proud of what a beautiful young lady she is becoming!  Her quick wit makes us laugh every day, she has a huge heart and cares so much about those around her.  I love her willingness to help.  We are so thankful for her, she was our best Christmas present ever!
We started the day with chocolate chip pancakes, a family birthday tradition.  Then we raced each other on Mario Cart for the Wii, one of our favorite games.  
Every year people ask Hope if she gets ripped off having her birthday so close to Christmas, but our grateful girl shakes her head.  She always has a birthday party mid December and a special princess day on her actual birthday.  On years we go to Florida for Christmas she usually gets two more birthdays parties from each side of the family.  I think she makes out!
Opening presents
Glory was very interested in what was going on
For lunch we had jambalaya and Hope only wanted shrimp in it.  I asked several times if she wanted any other meat, but she was adamant.  It actually turned out really good with only shrimp.

After lunch we played Stare.  No not that kind of stare!  It is a board game we have where you have to stare/study a popular piece of art and memorize as many detail as you can in a minute.  Then you are asked questions about the picture.  You move according to the answers you get right!  Fun game!
Hope always gets to pick were we eat dinner on her birthday.  When she was younger she never wanted us to tell them it was her birthday, but we always did.  This year she chose the local Mexican restaurant where she knew what was coming!  Out they came singing Happy Birthday in Spanish, plopped a sombrero on her head and feed her whip cream.
Then they smashed it in her face!  We were cracking up!  
Happy Birthday to our amazing young lady!

1 comment:

  1. Woe! That looks like a total blast! I know, 11!? What's up with that??!!

    ReplyDelete